Dear Followers

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Something Different

     I am indeed still working on my cross stitching and enjoying it, but wanted to get this chair all fixed up as a house warming gift to a very special friend. Finished it this morning with two coats of paste wax.  I did stress the wood here and there by sanding or scraping some of the paint off before I put the MinWax stain on it.  I enjoyed the project.

     Back to my stitching this afternoon.  Finished another motif on the "Quaker Diamonds" and my sewing room is nice and bright.  It's a beautiful sunny day with a temperature of 59 at this time.  Here's the latest finished motif.


      I am also awaiting some beautiful yarn to make a shawl.  I'll give out more information on this as time goes on, but if anyone wants a sneak preview, you can to to    http://quietlystitching.blogspot.com/  About half way down the page you'll see a beautiful crocheted shawl.  I'll be using the same yarn for mine.  Hazel has done a beautiful job on hers for sure.

     I will let ya'll go for the time being.  Love you all, and until next time please stay warm and be well.  Don't forget to "feel the colors". 

4 comments:

  1. Love the chair - what a great present (:
    Your stitching is looking lovely too.
    Popped over to Hazel's blog and my what a gorgeous shawl - I'll enjoy watching you make that!
    Happy stitching (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great on that chair! What a wonderful gift! Love your stitching also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda!
    Love the chair, and as always your beautiful stitching :)
    You are such a good friend ❤️
    Blessings to you!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each and every one of my friends and followers for your comments. I read each and every one of them and try to answer all. Come back again soon. Love you!