Dear Followers

Friday, September 14, 2012

A Tiny Fall Garden

     Bill did indeed put some things in for the cooler weather that will be coming up in a few weeks.  Bok Choy, Collards and Broccoli were planted yesterday and we had some rain this morning to give them a boost.  Now, before you look at the picture, just keep in mind that it's just Bill and I here, so we don't do big! LOL


     I noticed that the Spider Lilies are in bloom.  Not the best pictures right now, but this will give you an idea what they do look like.  Wonder why they call them Spider Lilies? Hmmmm.


     I checked on my Beauty Berry bush that I finally got planted a few days ago, and I was very surprised to see that the berries are indeed starting to turn purple. They'll turn a beautiful purple as they grow even bigger.  This is what they look like today though.


     Another little thing that I did today was mix up some honey with lemons and ginger root for up coming colds during the fall and winter seasons.  Now don't take my word for the amazing things it is supposed to do for coughs and sore throats.  This is my first time making it after reading about it last week on Facebook.  You need raw honey which can be bought at a regular grocery store.  Just check the label.  Here is a before picture with the ingredients needed and an after picture with the jar full.



I don't have any certain amounts needed .  Just did what I thought would work.  Once mixed, you store it in the fridge.  When you want to try it, put a teaspoonful  in a cup and pour hot water into the cup.  Mix and drink.  I figured it was something worth a try.

     I was so lazy today.  I napped from 11 this morning to one! Oh my! Billy was at a meeting and the house was so quiet and all.  I was stitching and started feeling sleepy.  Decided that for supper I would just heat up the rest of the pinto beans and have some bread and butter with it.  How quick and easy is that!? Here it is just six pm and I'm ready to get back to my stitching again for a quiet evening.  You gotta' love being retired!

     Well my sweet followers and friends.  Do have a good night and a wonderful weekend.  Stay well and safe until next time and don't forget to "feel the colors".

1 comment:

  1. Your garden is delightful. I will have to try the honey, ginger, lemon remedy. Have a lovely evening, Miss LindaLee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each and every one of my friends and followers for your comments. I read each and every one of them and try to answer all. Come back again soon. Love you!