Dear Followers

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Coffee Filter Wreath and Stuff

     I saw the picture of the coffee filter wreath going around Facebook several days ago and decided to make one up.  First of all, the directions called for 200 filters! I found that 100 was far more than enough.  The wreath is very easy to make and I used a pre-made straw wreath as the base rather than the foam one.  Here's a picture of the outcome.  By the way.  Now that I have it all made, I haven't a spot to hang it, so I'm going to give it to my little daughter-in-law.


 
     We went into New Bern this past weekend.  Can't remember exactly why, but as always, while we were there, we just had to drive a block or two off the main downtown road, and into the beautiful old neighborhoods.  I love the old homes and the tree lined streets.  Just look at this welcoming side door which is right at the sidewalk's edge.  Complete with a fur baby.  I would love to sit there some morning with a cup of coffee and just say "Hello" to everyone that passed by.




     Speaking of tree lined streets.  It's quite obvious how much the old trees mean to the New Bern people.  Here's a couple of pictures of the way they saved an old tree.  The roof has just been redone and it was cut and shaped out around the tree itself.  Now how often do you see that?



     I am pretty excited this afternoon, as the Mag Eyes I ordered came and I'm anxious to try them.  I have put off my Hardanger embroidery until they did arrive.  I could see to do it, but figured it would be a lot easier with these "miracle" eyes! I'll let you know how they work for me.

     It has been a very productive week so far.  Bill was told Thursday that they would save the physical therapy for those who need it! He has done a wonderful job and has started some projects that he was having to put on hold for a while.  Of course his shoulder won't be completely mended for several weeks, but he knows what he can do and what he can't.  We are so blessed.
 
 I finally have all the bricks in our dining and kitchen area stain blocked and will now have to decide what color white I want to finish them with.  It brightens up the two rooms so much but the entire house smells like a paint factory, as I used oil based stain blocker.  So glad we can open up all the doors and windows in the evenings now!

     I've been doing about an hours worth of stitching each day, or evening.  Depending on when I can just sit and concentrate.  Working on the wedding piece for my son and his beautiful lady.  Enjoying the colors and will post another picture of it in my next post.

     Will let you go my sweet friends and followers.  I wish you a wonderful week full of all kinds of blessings.  Lots of colors and lots of stitches to you as well.  Love every one of you and so glad that you stop in from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to each and every one of my friends and followers for your comments. I read each and every one of them and try to answer all. Come back again soon. Love you!