Dear Followers

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

New Garden Beds!

     Bill has been working away on three new raised beds in the back yard, and we're all ready filling them with the cold crops.  The third is hard to see way in the back, but they sure look pretty with some rich soil that we ordered and have in now.



As much as we both love to garden, Bill smiled all the while he was putting them in.


Just a few more pictures of the beds here.  Cabbage, Broccoli and different kinds of Lettuce are in now.  Also, a couple of rows of sugar peas.




A couple pictures also of my Hyacinths.  They smell so very good.  Wish the could last all season.





     It was a gorgeous day yesterday and we played outside a good part of the day in the gardens.  Moved a couple of plants to the back where they deer can't get them.  It was just a happy day.  Didn't need jackets at all.

     Stitching is coming along real well.  Here's an update of "Quaker Diamonds".  Colors are beautiful to say the least.  I'm really enjoying the stitch.  I'm using the colors called for in the hand dyed threads.



     I'm going to be in my stitching chair for a while.  I believe I hear those beautiful threads calling my name again.

     Until next time my sweet friends and followers.  Stay well and stay safe.  Love you all.  Don't forget to "feel those colors"!

11 comments:

  1. Oooh, wish I had time to drive to NC to see the flowers and plants! I love hyacinths! And just the mention of what you are planting is making me hungry, lol!
    Are you using the Valdani threads for Quaker Diamonds? It sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri! Yes I am using the Valdani threads and I'm loving them. Thank you so much for stopping in.

      Delete
  2. Pretty stitch you are working on! I love seeing spring at your place. The hyacinths and garden plants are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Victoria. I love spring down here and the fact that we get such an early start with the planting. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Those are some lovely beds ya got there Ms. LindaLee, your helper looks mighty handy too! Have a great weekend to come:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Sweet Sue. We're excited about the new beds and even more excited about the beautiful soil that was delivered. Things are looking good.

      You have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  4. I wish we could plant now but it would be underneath our newly fallen foot of snow.brrrr
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planting is something wonderful to look forward to isn't it? We've really been blessed to wind up down here where we can get so much more gardening time in. Another foot of snow back up in NH as well.

      Delete
  5. Those beds look even better with veggies! Enjoy spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was over at your blog the other day and I keep thinking about those pansies you've planted. Don't our hearts smile when we're in the gardens?

      Delete
  6. Linda-- I'm so jealous of your lovely weather-- we aren't there yet-- in fact the forecast calls for snow tonight! I'm getting desperate here!

    Your raised beds are going to be magnificent-- you have a handy dandy husband!!

    Oh my- your cross stitch is just gorgeous!! I love to cross stitch but don't have the time since I became so yarn obsessed!!

    Thank you so much for your visit and comment;)
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each and every one of my friends and followers for your comments. I read each and every one of them and try to answer all. Come back again soon. Love you!