Dear Followers

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Finished and Stitching With Colors!

     I can finally post a picture of the finished baby afghan.  The shower was Sunday and a very nice shower it was.  Beautiful color theme and lots of great people there.  Amanda and Josh got so many beautiful gifts for baby Olive.  The


pink was actually a lot brighter than it looks here.  My previous post will show the true color far better.  The pattern is much clearer here though.  I enjoyed making this, but I am very pleased to be back working with all my different colored threads.
     An order of threads came yesterday and I now have them all bagged and marked.  


Working with them as well.


       Bill has his 21 treatment this morning, and he's doing a fantastic job.  Gets tired, but other than that, his body is staying strong and he's looking real good.  He has started taking more time for himself in this last month and it has helped him a lot.  Today the both of us will have another Yoga lesson, and they have helped us both.   

I need to let you all go for now.  I've been trying to get back and stay on track with my blogging.  I love posting and hearing from my dear friends and followers.  You all take care and be well, and once again, "Don't forget to feel the colors".


15 comments:

  1. Well, that baby blanket is beautiful. I haven't knitted anything for quite awhile. Maybe I should pick up some yarn and get busy.

    Have fun with all your new threads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It was an easy pattern. This is the time of year when knitting is soothing I think. It's cold outside and a nice throw over your lap inside feels good. The piece you're knitting up adds a little more warmth.

      Delete
  2. Wow the baby blanket is so pretty...I love it so much..
    Sweet threads
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cucki. It was a simple pattern and fun to stitch for sure.

      Delete
  3. Little Olive will be surrounded by love every time she's wrapped in that beautiful blanket! :)

    Blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks great. I Love all the fall finishes. Keeping you and Bill in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers and the thoughts. They're helping so very much. Bill is half way now.

      Delete
  5. The blanket is beautiful. I'm sure it will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby afghan turned out so sweet! So glad to hear that your dh is doing well. What a praise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda,
    Can you tell me the pattern name/designer of the fall leaves mini pilllow on the top of your blog? I love it and would like to stitch one too. Thanks
    Roo
    diasfam@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good news Roo. The pattern is from DMC and it's free. I used the colors that I wanted. All were over dyed threads. It worked up quickly. Here is the chart.

      http://www.dmc-usa.com/Inspiration/Projects/Color-Variations-Cross-Stitch/Falling-Leaves.aspx

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Another project soon to be started :)

      Delete
  8. Your Baby Blanket is just beautiful...I wish I could Knit but I did try - I can't handle two Needles all at once...LOL....your Stitching is just beautiful :).... I love the photo of you, your hubby and your beloved chilid Riley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought for sure that you knitted some face cloths Linda! Must have crocheted them! Thank yoou for stopping in.

      Delete
  9. The blanket turned out beautifully. I am happy your husband is doing well. Enjoy your yoga. All that stretching is so good for you,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each and every one of my friends and followers for your comments. I read each and every one of them and try to answer all. Come back again soon. Love you!