Dear Followers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ever Wonder?

     Ever wonder about those bits and pieces of threads that you throw away? I've cross stitched in many beautiful states across America and the tiny bits of thread too short to re-thread a needle with have been held up to the opened window and let go.  It never fails.  Every single time I do this, I wonder if it will end up in a birds nest in some tall tree.  I wonder if someone just may pull over one day and happen to look down and see the bright colored thread and wonder where it came from.  Will they pick it up to see what kind of thread it is? Will it be picked up by the wind and carried to a bubbling stream or river and float for miles? Do you ever wonder?

2 comments:

  1. never really wondered till now Linda. Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder. I usually put mine in glass and enjoy it all year and then at Christmas time put them in a glass ornament for my tree. I can look at all the pretty colors and remember the pretty things I stitched with that thread on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a glass container the other day at a second hand store for $2.00 and started today saving mine. What a neat idea it is to make them into ornaments for your tree. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each and every one of my friends and followers for your comments. I read each and every one of them and try to answer all. Come back again soon. Love you!