Dear Followers

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

All Done!

     The wedding gift, "A Good Marriage" is all stitched.  All it needs is a frame and I'll be checking out Hobby Lobby for that.  I'm not planning on a mat this time because of the design itself and plan on going with a pretty basic frame.  You never know what I may wind up with though, once I see all the pretty frames in from on me.  This piece took just 49 total hours and it was an easy stitch.




It is just barely the 12th.  I missed the T.U.S.A.L. post by 15 minutes.  Since I'm so close, I'm going to post my sips and bits container anyway.  I've deposited quite an amount of thread this month.  Top view here.


Second picture from the side.  A lot of the thread came from the wedding piece above.



     Bill has been working away at getting some raised beds going out side, and here's a picture I took of him in one of them.  The three good sized new ones are actually finished and filled with beautiful garden soil now. Mr. Bill is a hard worker indeed and loves everything he does.  I am so blessed.


And a picture of the three new beds as well.  You can also see all the big tools, saw horses and things in the back ground.  All that is put away now.


     I've been doing some stitching on my "Quaker Diamonds", and am also working on a knit collard shawl in off white.  Will post a picture of each next post.  I love working with my hands.  My church has just started a prayer shawl ministry and I think I'll be getting involved in that.  If the need is there, and it certainly is, then I want to help out.

     One last thing before I go.  This picture shows what I made up for supper, and it was so very good.  Quick and easy.  Just six ingredients and one of them was just butter.  The other five? Pasta.  Bacon.  Fresh spinach.  A few sprinkles of crushed red pepper flakes and feta cheese added on the top once plated.  So good.

     Until next time my dear friends and followers, I love you all.  Stay safe and come back again soon.  By the way, I have a new follower.  Karen Robinson.  Welcome Karen, and please let me know how I can get in touch with you.  Do you have a blog?
 
     Once last thing! Don't forget to feel the colors.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the finish...it looks great!

    I'm loving your yard and your garden bed/boxes. Such a great idea...and a handsome man to go with them! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wilma!
      Thank you so much for stopping in. We're looking forward to getting some lettuce started pretty quickly now. It's 60 here this morning so we need to get the cold crops in.
      I do agree. Billy is indeed handsome. I've always loved his smile.

      Delete
  2. What a perfect wedding gift! And dinner - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment girlfriend! I think they will like the piece..

      That dinner took all of 15 minutes to fix. If I leave the pasta out, I can whip it out in five, but it wouldn't be all that filling! LOL

      Delete
  3. very very beauutiful wedding gift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria! Thank you so very much. I went on over to your page to leave a message, but wasn't able to. I've added you to my "circle" so maybe that will help. Please come back soon..

      Delete
  4. Lovely finish for your soon-to-be newlyweds! Dinner looks scrumptious! And where would we be without the amazing gift of a blessed husband?! Mine is a gem too. :) Have a sweet day and enjoy gardening in your new beds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such nice comments. I thank the Lord each and every day for Billy. Isn't it a true blessing to love someone that loves you back just as you are?

      Delete
  5. I love your marriage finish, Linda! I think I'd like to stitch and frame that for my husband for Christmas. They are good reminders - even 26 years in!! :)

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tricia. Thank you for stopping in. I sent you an email my friend.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on finishing that wonderful cross stitch gift. They're going to love it! Great start on your garden. I'm anxious to get working on ours too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful piece. You do the finest work. Mr. Bill certainly looks happy working on those beds. Very good looking raised beds in fact. Thanks for sharing that yummy looking supper too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each and every one of my friends and followers for your comments. I read each and every one of them and try to answer all. Come back again soon. Love you!