Dear Followers

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

An Amazing Week

     It's such a small world! My older son, Skeet and my beautiful little daughter-in-law, Lisa flew in Saturday noon for a weeks stay from NH.  At the Charlotte airport, they ran into my dear sweet friend Kitty and found out that they were all coming into Havelock on the same flight.  I was able to get this picture of all three at the airport here.  My younger son, Guy, who lives here in Havelock, was up with his little wife visiting Matthew this last weekend.  It's a five hour ride and at a coffee house, turned to return to his car and looked right into his Aunt Pammy's
face.  She lives up that way but in a different town than where Matthew is. Needless to say, they had a great parking lot reunion!
     I actually went boogie boarding with Bill and Skeet.  The waves were so powerful though that it was quite easy to get knocked down.  Once down the waves were coming in and breaking so fast, that it was hard to get back up again! It was a fun morning though with a great lunch on the way back home.
     All four of us went to Yoga yesterday.  Lisa knows her stuff and Skeet does pretty good himself.  It was our first time though and I was surprised that I couldn't do a couple of things better.  It was only our first time though, and we're both looking forward to getting back next week.  We'll get some practice in before then for sure.
       I believe I've made the prettiest washcloth yet! I just love all the vibrant colors in this one.  If any of my dear friends and followers here, know of a real
good online sale for the Sugar 'n Cream yarn, please let me know.  There are so many beautiful colors and patterns in the yarn.
     Some spooky things are happening here also this week.  I started the "Spider Banner" and here's what I have so far.  Just the beginning of the big old fat spider itself! Though the chart is hard to see, I believe I'll get this done in time for Halloween.
     Got my fall pillows and things from the attic and put them out this morning.
Some close ups.


I decided to put out the fall things as well as the Halloween and the Thanksgiving. Sounds like I'm trying to rush things a bit, but I  love all the colors and ribbons to match.
     Have my framed "Autumn Harvest" back up as well.

     I was going to add a couple more pictures of the Sea Oats at the beach.  Love them, but it looks like I've used up my quota of pictures for this time around. Next time for sure.
     Added another little goody in my giveaway box.  Drawing is on the 26th.
     Until next time my dear friends and followers.  Be well and safe, and don't forget to "feel the colors".
   


17 comments:

  1. Awww so sweet..such lovely fall display..
    I love it...
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love all of the fall and Halloween colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful shelf and such a fun update!!!! You are a multi-talented lady!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your autumn pillows and it was great to catch up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olá Linda!que bom que todos estão felizes.Adorei as almofadas,Foi você que fez? Quanto as cores eu ás sinto ,No meu blog te umost sobre as cores.Convida a me visitar terei prazer em recebe-la. Beijo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post ~ love your fall display!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your adventurous spirit - boogie boarding and yoga. Good for you! Your fall pillow collection is lovely. Have fun with your family visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lovely selection of autumn pillows and I have to search that Autumn harvest chart from Imaginating =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, such a lovely collection of fall pillows. They are all so beautifully finished. Great design, the Autumn Harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great display, I do love the Autumn colours. I am planning a Hallowe'en display for the first time this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo, and I'm looking forward to seeing your Halloween display for sure. Keep me posted.

      Delete
  11. Your fall display is so beautiful! I'd love to have a collection like that of my own some day. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Debbie! I have been so inspired by others, but never thought I would actually inspire someone. What a nice thing to say. Thank you so very much, and your have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  12. Love, love, love the autumn display. My favorite is the leaves. Great stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. karmyl! Thank you so much for stopping in. I was just over to your blog and I love it! I knit also and your work is beautiful. Is there a way I can become a follower of yours? I didn't see anywhere to sign up. Please stop in anytime and I'll be visiting yours again soon.

      Delete
  13. Your fall display looks fantastic! Good luck with the yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just discovered your blog and really love your autumn stitchery. The framed piece is especially lovely and looks like it must have taken many hours of stitching to finish. I also love tat turkey design. Can you remember who the designer is? It is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to each and every one of my friends and followers for your comments. I read each and every one of them and try to answer all. Come back again soon. Love you!